Exemplars performance material provides teachers and administrators with a way of teaching and assessing problem-solving and communication skills.Our real-world material engages students and promotes reasoning and communication. Each problem-solving task has been classroom-tested and can be used for assessment, instruction and/or professional development.
Math material features:
- Authentic, problem-solving tasks
- A differentiated, more accessible and more challenging version of the task for grades Pre K-8.
- Standards-based rubrics that focus on problem solving and communication
- Annotated anchor papers for each task
- Rich teaching notes to guide assessment and instruction
- Interdisciplinary links to extend problems
- Alignments to NCTM, state, Common Core, STEM and provincial standards as well as various math texts